Many people have become aware of the long term environmental benefits that artificial grass have. The use of fake grass nowadays is common because it is now an alternative to the natural grass. Fake grass is the newest lifestyle of choice because the technology that has been used to manufacture the grass and the advantages that they come with is worth.
How Artificial Grass is Helpful
It makes life easier: Today life is full of hustles and having artificial turf you will have time to make your trips because you will not be required to do the maintenance daily.
Even if it is mowing, you will only spend few hours and you will through unlike the natural turf.
Artificial grass is helpful for pet owners: If you have artificial grass, things like pesticides and herbicides which are essential when you’ve natural turf are not necessary.
You don’t need these chemicals to preserve your artificial grass thus even when your pet(s) nibble the grass, they can’t be harmed.
This grass is good for older people: For older people who can no longer manage the physical aspect of maintaining their garden, this type of grass is perfect because it requires little maintenance.
The type of Artificial Grass to have in your lawn
There are different varieties of artificial grass that you can install in your yard. There are some factors that you have to consider before you can benchmark the type of grass you will have in your lawn.
The amount of traffic, weather conditions, area to be covered are some of the factors you have to consider.
Having a beautiful lawn in your yard requires you to take the initiative of maintaining it. This means you have to water your lawn, mow, fertilize it and control the growth of unwanted weeds. Here are Few Advantages and Disadvantages of artificial grass:
- Artificial grass is safe for children and pets.
- They are more durable, strong, long lasting and drought tolerant grass.
- This type of grass can handle huge amount of foot traffic provided you have that lawn which withstand huge traffic
- Natural grass is affected with different weather condition but synthetic grass can withstand any weather condition.
- You don’t need water to irrigate synthetic grass but instead you need it to clean it.
- No more mowing your lawn because the grass don’t grow
- You always have to keep your synthetic grass clean and tidy even. Even though you don’t have to do this on daily basis, you may end up having bacteria growing on your turf.
- When the weather is too hot, artificial turf can absorb heat and can become too hot to play or walk on especially for young kids and pets
- If you wanted to grow something on the area that you install your turf, you will have to wait for long time because the process of installing involves destroying living organisms in the subsoil.
How to Choose Best Fake Grass:
The type of grass you choose will help you achieve your desired show garden that will be good looking all year round.
1. Weather Condition of you Area
This aspect should not be ignored even though it doesn’t play a major role when in the choice of artificial grass. If you hail from an area that is prone to falling fragments from trees and other sources, the key factor that you have to keep in mind is maintenance of your turf when making your choice.
Decide whether you will go in for a product that will require more hours of cleaning or that product that will require little maintenance. This will make a huge long term difference for you. Therefore consider how much maintenance will be required in the product that you are interested in.
2. The price of the product and quality of the Grass
One thing you have to aware of is that when you install fake grass, you are doing it to be permanent. Make sure you have made the right choice in selecting your supplier. Be advised that if you are looking for artificial grass to buy, ask the supplier to present you with different samples of different quality products that he/she offers.
Compare these samples with different suppliers before you can make your final decision. After you have set your benchmark, then you can focus on the price.
3. The Size of your Garden to be covered
The portion of your garden that you want to cover with artificial grass is a factor you need to consider when choosing best fake grass. In regard to this, the cost per square meter and maintained cost are to be considered.
A large area does not necessarily affect the price per square meter but it will affect the maintenance cost. Products that require low maintenance are the best to use if you have a big portion and also if yourself don’t have time to maintain yourself.
They are also the best if you don’t have enough money to pay the lawn cares services to maintain your lawn.
4. The amount of Traffic in your Garden
Consider the amount of traffic your turf will be exposed to when selecting artificial grass. You might select a product that is designed for low traffic and yet the traffic in your garden is high.
One of the reasons for you to consider this is to avoid the need of replacing damaged artificial grass and worn out parts which will cost you more.
If you choose a product that offers high volume of traffic, then you will have to give up on the comfort and feel of your grass. This is because higher traffic requires higher durability of artificial grass.
I believe now you have all the facts at hand and now you will have easy time to buy your fake grass.
Please share this useful article with your all friends and followers via social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, google plus, Instagram etc. This will be helpful for your friends too who are looking for installing artificial grass and don’t have right knowledge about this. Stay with me for more interesting home and garden ideas and tips.